Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hello World!

Well everyone, this is a start to a blog I am creating to hopefully give future MIS students out there an idea of what the program is like from a Full-Time MIS student. My name is Zach Steelman and I started the Full-Time MIS program at the University of Arkansas in August of 2009 and will be graduating in July of 2010. I finished my Bachelor's degree in MIS at Northeastern State University in Tahlequah, Oklahoma in 2009 and started my Master's program directly afterwards.

One of the driving reasons for chosing the MIS program at UA was the strength of their connections to the corporate world in NWA due to the large number of vendors in the area serving Wal-Mart. After starting the program I was able to grab an internship at Colgate-Palmolive in Rogers, AR working for their Wal-Mart support team. As you go through alot of the classes here at UA you will see many different stories and references to real world cases that deal with vendors in the local area. This real world model helps tremendously when trying to understand the uses and concepts that are taught in the class.

I am opening this blog up to allow anyone out there that is possibly thinking about the program or has applied and would like to get a different view of the program the ability to ask me via email and I will try give, to the best I can, my opinion of the program. I feel that this program has opened up amazing opportunities to myself as well as some of the great things that my friends at UA have accomplished as well. I will try this week and get some pictures and information of my fellow classmates and their Graduate Assistantships/Internships to show the unique positions that the program allows for their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment